Monday, December 06, 2004

Flash Drives

I told you already about how much I like my DVD player. Just as much I like my USB Flash Drives. I have several, including ones by PNY, Lexar and Sandisk. I have one 64 meg drive, a couple 128 meg drives, and the rest are 256 megs. They all work perfectly well and are a great alternative to carrying a box of floppies around - as long as the computer you're trying to use has USB ports, and most do.

The great advantage of floppies is that nearly every computer will accept them. That's why diskettes continue to be with us even though everyone agrees they're old tech. No one has come with anything that's so widely accepted. But flash drives - and their more-equipment challenged siblings flash cards - are poised to take the place of floppies. Wish I had bought stock in the companies producing them a few years ago.

No comments: